July 17, 2020
By now you’re well aware that Katrina Kaif likes to dedicate plenty of time in her schedule to working out. But unless you watch her social media religiously, you probably don’t know *exactly* what her typical workout looks like. Luckily, for anyone who’s curious, we have pulled up the routine on Yasmin Karachiwala’s page.
Yasmin first met Katrina about 9 years ago at Salman Khan’s farm in Panvel where she asked Yasmin to help her get into Bollywood shape and that was the start of her transformation journey.
So here’s everything we know about Katrina’s workout routine.
Warming up before a workout can feel…well, boring. But with Katrina’s workout, I don’t know if you will feel bored but I am very sure that you will feel tired, with tears in your eyes, catching every single breath and dead for the rest of the day. Don’t believe me? Try yourself.
- Squat with feet hip-width apart – 2 sets x 25 reps
- Squat with feet wide parallel – 2 sets x 25 reps
- Squat with feet wide turnout – 2 sets x 25 reps
- Squat with feet together – 2 sets x 25 reps
The Actual Workout
This includes six different types of exercises which are as follows:
View this post on Instagram
#QuarantineWorkout #Repost @katrinakaif ・・・ #WorkoutFromHome #Part2 Since we are all practicing #SocialDistancing @yasminkarachiwala and I worked out at our homes and put the workouts together for you to do at yours. Stay home stay safe 😊 ♦️ #Warmup 1. Squat with feet hip width apart – 2 sets x 25 reps 2. Squat with feet wide parallel- 2 sets x 25 reps 3. Squat with feet wide turnout- 2 sets x 25 reps 4. Squat with feet together- 2 sets x 25 reps . ♦️ #Workout: 1. Forward and Backward Lunge – 2 sets x 15 reps 2. In Hover, Hip Dips – 3 sets x 20 reps 3. Curtsy Lunge to Side Kick – 3 sets x 15 reps 4. Suicide Push- 3 sets x 15 reps 5. Landis or Single Leg Squat – 3 sets x 15 reps 6. Squat Jacks – 3 sets x 25 reps @reebokindia #reebokclassic #CommittedtoFitness #CelebrityTrainer #KatrinaKaif #YasminKarachiwala 🎥 @zahaankara @amaankarachiwala
- Forward and backward lunges – Show your glutes some extra love! Also, to be honest, this is quite a fun exercise. Lunges make an appearance in countless workouts, whether you’re focusing on strength, power, or functional movements—and for good reason. The exercise strengthens the lower body while requiring balance and core stability.Just remember to maintain the right posture, which means maintain a 90-degree bend in each knee. This requires a wide-enough step to achieve the right angle. Also, watch that heel! Don’t let it lift off the ground.
- In hover, hip dips– While staying in the plank position, in hover, hip dips require moving only the lower body from left to right for 3 sets x 20 reps. While doing this exercise, you might want to quit even the thought of exercising but remember this is one of the most effective exercises. So, just hang in there!
- Curtsy lunge to side kick– Although squats, deadlifts, and lunges are considered the “kings” of leg exercises, there’s another move you shouldn’t neglect: curtsy lunges. Sure, a curtsy lunge may sound like a weird, medieval, princess-in-training exercise, but it’s actually one of the best exercises for toning your inner thighs. Yep, that hard-to-reach spot, along with your booty, are in for a real challenge.
- Suicide Push – This exercise compliments it’s name. But this works your chest, shoulders, triceps, and core so this is a great exercise to add into your upper body or full-body routine.You can do them slowly for reps or fast in a timed set for a more cardiovascular component. Have fun! Just kidding.
- Landis or single leg squat – You might feel like a child while doing this exercise. This is easy as compared to the other exercises. Place a stool or a chair if you are a beginner.
- Squat jacks– Your legs will never be the same. Call the fire department—this squat variation is about to set everything ablaze.Squats will always light up your glutes and quads. But the cardio king of the squat family—the squat jack—does so much more. For starters, it burns calories like crazy. And since you crank out tons of squats in a short amount of time, the squat jack will set your entire lower body on fire.
View this post on Instagram
#WorkoutFromHome Can't go to the gym so sharing the workout that Yas and I did at home. Stay safe and be active if u can 😊 1⃣ Squat & Side Leg Lifts – 3 sets x 20 reps 2⃣ Reverse Lunge – 3 sets x 15 reps 3⃣ Situp – 3 sets x 20 reps 4⃣ Pushup – 3 sets x 15 reps (you can substitute with incline pushups or knee pushups) 5⃣ Plank to 'T' – 3 sets x 15 reps 6⃣ Mountain Climbers – 4 slow and 15 tempo x 3 sets @reebokindia #reebok
Not feeling inspired? Mix it up, try something new, just pick up a #thng. Don’t let the laziness bug bite you, just Do Your Thng.
Cover picture courtesy: Katrina Kaif’s Instagram Handle