October 7, 2021
If you’ve been in the content creation game for some time now, you know that quality content gets recognized. All it takes is some creativity, some pizazz, some patience, and a whole lot of consistency.
Psst: just in case you need some help creating content, we launched a whole new section on the app for creators to learn!
Back to regular programming: Let’s say you’ve been working on some cool content and posted it on your Instagram handle.
You know that your content is kicka$$. We know that your content is kicka$$ and now a brand sees this kicka$$ content. They want to promote it as a branded content ad.
What do you do? (Apart from feeling great about some much-deserved appreciation.)
Well, you put it up as branded content so that any brand can use it for ads on Instagram.
How do you allow a brand to use your content as a branded content ad?
Let us break it down for you.
For a feed post
- Locate the post that the brand wants to promote within your Instagram account.
- Click on the three dots on the top right.
- Tap on Edit from the pop-up.
- Click on the Paid Partnership tag on the top.
- After which you’ll see a pop-up, click on “Change Business Partner” in the pop-up.
- Toggle the button and switch it “on” for “Allow business partner to promote.”
- And, voilà! You are done.
For a story post
- Find the story you want to promote from your Archive. In case you can’t find it, you’ll have to repost the original story again. (We’ll get to that in a moment.)
- Click on the three dots at the bottom of your story.
- You’ll see an option to “Edit Business Partner”. Click on it.
- Once the pop-up appears, click on “Change business partner.”
- Search for the business partner’s handle in the search box and tap on “Remove” when you find it.
- Now, select “Tag Business Partner.”
- Search and add the brand’s handle again.
- And now this time, toggle on next to “Allow business partners to promote”.
What to do if you failed to archive an Instagram story?
You’ll have to repost the story but in the future, make sure to turn on “Stories Archive”.
- Head to your profile and then to Settings.
- Tap on Privacy.
- Next, toggle yes to Save Story to Archive.
This will ensure that all your stories are archived, and you can find them in the Stories section in your Archives.
Now that you know how to allow a brand to promote your content as a branded content ad, go and create more kicka$$ content and be the creator we know you can be!
If you are a new creator and wondering about creating content for brands, read more about what brands look for on your Instagram feed. We’ve also written more on how you can get more brand collaborations.