Have you doubted the journey to financial freedom as an influencer?
Have you been demotivated or questioned this path?
You’re not alone. Most new content creators struggle to transform their passion into a career. But the good news is that trends, brands and consumers are all on your side.
Over the last few years, influencer marketing and you, the creator, have grown crucial for online marketing campaigns and purchasing decisions. You may think that the market is saturated, but data shows that the pie is only getting bigger:
- Most major brands are investing more in influencer marketing. 71% of marketers will increase their spending in the coming year. In fact, the influencer industry is set to reach $13.8 billion by 2022 as the industry witnesses more growth and becomes a more effective marketplace.
- The majority of shoppers trust social media to guide their purchases. Surveys show that since the pandemic, consumers trust opinions they find on social media, including those from friends, families, and influencers, to help them make the right decision about shopping.
Taken together, it creates immense opportunities for you as an influencer. So, fear not. It is possible to turn your dreams of becoming a full-time influencer into reality.
Tried and tested tips for influencers to get more brand collaborations
1. Join the right communities
Throw your hat in the ring, and join Facebook Groups or apps like Do Your Thng. They connect you to the right mix of marketers and creators and are an excellent way to stay in the know about new campaigns.
2. Crafting a winning media kit
Media kits serve as your resume. It showcases your strengths and skills and highlights why brands would benefit from working with you.
3. Reach out to brands and campaign teams
You can and should take the first step, rather than wait for brands to find you. Write strong email pitches to your dream clients. Connect directly with brands with an email outreach. A strong email tells a brand exactly what you have to offer them and how they will benefit. (Here’s how you can write one.) Make a good impression and you can land a campaign or even an exclusive project!
4. Pitch to relevant brands
As you’re sending the media kit and speaking with brands, consider who you’re connecting with and why. Avoid blind outreach. As a quality content creator, knowing your values and whether they align with the brand’s is essential. It maintains your audience’s trust and builds an authentic brand of your own.
This means, take into consideration how organic a partnership feels. If your audience can feel insincerity, the campaign has no benefit for either you or the brand. Don’t collaborate for the sake of it!
5. Know your worth and negotiate for it
Don’t forget that brand collaborations are business agreements and should be treated as such. If you’re offered work at a rate that is too low for what you’ve determined is suitable, don’t shy away from countering them and discussing a better deal! The client could have flexibility in their budget, or not, but it’s worth the effort to try.
How can you know your worth?
- Work out a breakdown of the hours, equipment, and effort that go into your work.
- Take into consideration the engagement and actions taken by your audience when you talk about similar products.
- Speak with peers and marketing contacts to understand the industry standards.
We hope that these tips for getting brand collaborations help budding influencers, like you, grow. And don’t forget there is an even easier path. Download DYT. The app already has brand campaigns, you just have to pick one and do your thng!