Whether you have packed your bags to leave for the holidays, or you’re simply exploring your dream destination, we know one #thng to be true. You’ll need quotes on travel to use as Instagram captions.
A picture is worth a thousand words – Fred R. Barnard
Without a kicka$$ quote about travel, your Stories and static posts (do they still count?) are incomplete. So, I sat down to find the best travel quotes for you.
Quotes on travel to go with your incredible Instagram posts
From short travel quotes to funny travel quotes, I give you a mixed bag of quotes. Use them to inspire your fernweh, start your journey as a full-time travel blogger, or simply add them as a caption on Instagram. The choice is yours.
1. Wherever you go, go with all your heart! – Confucius
2. Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing. — Dr. Seuss
3. Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul. ~ Jamie Lyn Beatty
4. Travelling: It leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. – Ibn Battuta
5. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.- Dalai Lama
6. Don’t be the person who is too busy when you’re young and too tired when you’re old.
7. It is better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.
8. The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.– Saint Augustine
9. Fill your life with adventures, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
10. When preparing to travel, lay out all of your clothes and all of your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money. – Susan Heller
Short travel quotes you can use with your travel content
12. Travel, because money returns. Time doesn’t.
13. Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow. — Anita Desai
14. Let’s wander where the Wi-Fi is weak.
15. Not all those who wander are lost. ~ J.R.R. Tolkien
16. One life. One world. Explore it.
17. Travel is the healthiest addiction.
18. Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.
19. A true traveller’s journey is never complete.
20. I want to make memories all over the world.
Travel with friends quotes for those group shenanigans
21. Friends that travel together, stay together.
22. A good friend listens to your adventures. A best friend makes them with you.
23. If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together. – African Proverb
24. I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. – Mark Twain
25. One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are. —Edith Wharton
26. Life is short, and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better.– Simon Raven
27. It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you. — Rumi
28. If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.—Rachel Wolchin
29. Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you travelled. – Prophet Mohammed
30. When something good happens, travel to celebrate. If something bad happens, travel to forget it. If nothing happens, travel to make something happen.
Inspirational travel quotes for that goosebump effect
31. Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
32. Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. –H. Jackson Browne Jr.
33. If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try. — Seth Godin
34. Travel doesn’t become an adventure until you leave yourself behind.
35. Live with no excuses and travel with no regrets. ~ Oscar Wilde
36. The world is changed by your example, not your opinion. ~ Paul Coelho
37. Never let your memories be greater than your dreams.- Doug Ivester
38. Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember and remember more than I have seen. ~ Benjamin Disraeli
39. Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost. — Erol Ozan
40. Fear is only temporary. Regrets last forever.
Quotes on travel when you go solo
41. With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.– Sandra Lake
42. Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the trip. – Babs Hoffman
43. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. — Susan Sontag
44. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. —Lao Tzu
45. Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. – Henry David Thoreau
46. One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things. – Henry Miller
47. Travel far enough, you will meet yourself. – David Mitchell
48. The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever.
49. Take only memories, leave only footprints.
50. It’s bad manners to keep an adventure waiting.
Famous travel quotes that resonate with everyone
51.The earth has music for those who listen. —Shakespeare
52. An adventure is only an inconvenience, rightly considered. —G.K. Chesterton
53. I wish I had never gone travelling. Said no one ever.
54. It is better to travel well than to arrive. – Buddha
55. Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.- T.S Eliot
56. To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world.-Freya Stark
57. People forget years and remember moments. – Ann Beattie
58. If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.- Jim Rohn
59. As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.– Winnie The Pooh
60. To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give, to roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live.—Hans Christian Anderson
Feel free to copy-paste these quotes on travel
We all have different memories of travel, and photos are one of the best ways to capture and save them forever.
But when it comes to sharing those adventures with your community on Instagram or Twitter or Tumblr, we all stumble. So, I curated quotes on travel (that resonated with me).
Pick the one that speaks to you and go forth and create!
And if you need more travel-inspired Instagram captions, swing by here.